That's right, folks. Election Day is finally upon us.
It is hard to stay focused on what a wonderful thing it is to have a say in our government after the barrage we have suffered for the last few months. Plus the way our government has been refusing to perform of late----many would prefer not to bear the responsibility of putting the bozos in office.
Yet, miraculously, many of the people who served in the past will return to their jobs. The people have spoken.
It amuses me that politicians pick and choose which wise words to quote from our "statesmen" of the past. They are real fond of Thomas Jefferson, for instance, who thought the country would probably need a good revolution every once in a while. Wise words, Tom, wise words.
I am no anarchist, God knows. I hardly ever even jaywalk, but I share the widespread unhappiness with Congress and gridlock and non-cooperation. According to the pollsters, you agree.
Hmm.
That's all the contribution I have to the blogging world for today. And I very nearly forgot all about it today. Whew!
My workday ended early on Tuesday, and my husband took off early. We went to the polls and then out to dinner. We made an occasion of it since it is, indeed, a right.
ReplyDelete