Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I Am Not Ready

I made the move to change my header picture to something "more seasonal".  So I found a great many pictures taken in winter.  Snow covered trees, car accidents, holiday shots, birds, squirrels. The whole ephemera of our winters here.

As you can see, I just can't climb aboard the Winter Wagon yet.  I am, however, quite involved in quilting this week.  I have wiggled and jiggled with my sewing machine which is said to be able to do machine quilting.  I stitched in the ditch to hold some segments together and then did some hand quilting in some noticeable areas.

So I moved a quilt to the header.  There will be snow-----at a more seasonable time.  (In the meantime, I can scarcely get my doors open for the amount of snow that's accumulated.)

Sigh.  I'd rather not talk about the weather.  If you have access to television, I expect you know about the snow and cold.  No need to bring it up here.

I did notice though, that it was so blustery this morning that there were no birds at the feeders at all.  Not even my marauder rodents were stealing seeds.  Everyone with good sense stayed out of the weather.

I hope you were able to as well.

9 comments:

  1. You have snow already?? We have cold but no snow yet. Thankfully! I'm not ready either! (Hi, by the way) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!!! Thanks for stopping by. I just tried to sweep the snow off my car. It isn't happening in just one trip! We got a good foot of snow, and it is not going to melt in the foreseeable future. Picture me grumpy.

      Delete
  2. The colder it is and the more it's snowing, the more birdies I get at my feeders.They really need the sustenance to survive. We got snow for about three minutes down here, but I whined anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, we've got birds. The juncos are here along with my usual year round friends. And the ever present chips and squirrels.

      Delete
    2. Juncos! Isn't it great to have them back? I think our chipmunks are already hibernating. I hope so. I moved our feeders back to an area easier to fill but accessible to them.

      Delete
  3. It's cold here but no snow yet. We didn't get a lot last year which I suppose is understandable for being almost at sea level. However, I would like a few inches after Thanksgiving as I am traveling and would prefer not to hassle with airport delays. It's all about me you know. ;-) Hope your back gets better soon. Let someone else do the shoveling.

    Judy/emzy13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.