Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call from my pal, Lucy, who invited me to head north with her to the Land of Lake Effect Snow. She was going to visit her sister for an overnighter, and thought I'd like to visit my sister too.
I would love to do that, but my sisters are both finishing their visit to Virginia and North Carolina to spend time with their respective children. They will be traveling home beginning tomorrow morning and can keep me posted about their progress, thanks to mobile phone technology.
About the only thing I use my mobile phone for is texting, and I have been giving serious thought to upgrading. I am paying for a number of services which my phone doesn't care to perform.
I have never, ever, ever been so trendy that I wanted the latest thing. I'm sort of a Luddite just on principle----and I've been trying to figure out why. Back in the early days of "new stuff" appearing, I couldn't afford to even think about having it, so I guess I decided not to want it. But I know they are a big help when traveling if they can (1) connect and (2) have mapping help, or directions, and access to other information.
If you have any recommendations to share, I would be happy to hear them. At the very least, they will give me something to ponder before I hit the electronics market. I could just call my son but that seems like cheating. I don't want to hurt his feelings if I should ignore his advice, either. That could happen. That I'd ignore his advice.
My new son-in-law would be a good source of info too. He has my daughter using a droid, which does everything I'd need---and probably lots more.
Back to watching the New York Marathon. Huff, puff.
By the way, what are you reading????
I am reading the latest Jodi Picoult book, "Leaving Time." She is my favorite author. I'm about a quarter of the way through, and I don't know if I like it. Yet, I'm devouring it. It's an odd one. I use a droid and I consider myself technically capable, but I'm sure I don't use half the features. I use the GPS on my car and am not sure how I ever lived without it.
ReplyDeleteI have only read a couple of her books but enjoyed them both. They always make me think. I agree about the GPS. It's saved our bacon more than once, especially at the end of a long day of driving-----getting us straight to our hotel. Thank you, Margo, our pet name for our Garmin.
ReplyDelete