Sunday, November 16, 2014

Swatching

This month in one of my Ravelry groups we are knitting swatches to send to our swap partners.

I tend to knit the same sort of thing in the same weight of yarn, or knit things that will be used by someone it fits if it is given to a charitable organization.  Which is by way of explaining---that I don't do too much swatching.

I am enjoying this exercise however.  I have chosen to try the same unfamiliar stitch with a couple of different weights of yarns and sizes of needles.  This yields quite a different look and sometimes you need a few more inches to really get a sense of it.

After the swap is done I'll show them to you.  I know, you're dying with anticipation.  Silly me.

In other late-breaking news, with the help of my car's defroster and twenty minutes of smacking and scraping and sweeping, I finally got the accumulated snow removed from my dear old car.  I had taken the newer car out to do errands a couple of times, but I much prefer driving the car I usually drive.  (I am not being paid to share this information with you.  It's a 1996 green Toyota Camry with 188,000 miles on it.  It is a wonderful car.)

We have had two others since we purchased that one.  Reliable, handsome, and I'm a loyal fan.  It sounds like I'm describing a husband.  (He's reliable and handsome too.)

Well friends, we are embarking on a new week.  Make it a good one!

8 comments:

  1. I wish we lived closer. I really would love for you to teach me to knit. I have even pinned things I planned to knit for Christmas and it's not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I can use Ravelry to find you a yarn shop who will find you a knitting teacher who is way nicer than I am. You need to learn to knit. Otherwise Good Guy and I will just have to come down for the weekend. It's only a nine hour drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. Send me an address. I have warm fingerless mittens for you.

      email: upannie at gmail dot com.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.