Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday, November 3rd

Last year, when November was over I was dumbfounded!  Where had the month gone to?  On the first, it's my sister's birthday and whammy all of a sudden it's the other sister's birthday followed closely by Thanksgiving.

And nothing was done in preparation for Christmas.  Well, not NOTHING, but not nearly enough.

I've about decided that the reason the Christmas promotions begin before Halloween is because so many of us are old and slow.  It doesn't have much to do with merchandising, does it?

But with blogging every day, the month will pass as it should, with every day being experienced and not flying by in a blur.

The other thing I'm doing this month is disposing of ten items each day.  I will make trips to Goodwill, and I will put books in public places with Book crossing bookmarks in them.  Today I found a box of picture frames that I brought home from a job I had about ten years ago.  If I haven't needed them until now, chances are I'll never need them.  Kitchen gadgets could go too, if I didn't have to check with Good Guy about every one.  He's just like my dad was.  What if I need it someday?  Good luck finding it, that's all I can say.

Another thing I should cull is the cookbook collection.  I'm just as bad as he is about cookbooks.  I think, between our recipe boxes and the internet, we have enough information.  Yet even though I cook so seldom, I have a powerful attachment to those cookbooks.

I love coming across the notes I made about never to cook something again----everyone thought it was disgusting, or something tasted great but we had to soak the pan for 24 hours because it made a mess.  Proof that I have lived and actually accomplished something one day, long ago.

I believe the time has come for me to set forth and accomplish something today.  My electrical slaves are already hard at work doing laundry and such.

See you tomorrow.  Leave me a comment so I don't feel as alone as the 2 a.m. DJ.





2 comments:

  1. I have been purging things myself. Years ago, a friend of my brother's (now both deceased) gave me a fondue set. I kept it for sentimental reasons, but finally after never having used it, off to the Salvation Army it went. Lots of other stuff, too, clothes and purses and such. Books to our library. And yet, I can still make a bazillion more trips. This house is too big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our house is tiny, but we still have shelves of stuff we never use and never will use. Why keep it if someone else can use it?

      Delete

Backtalk is welcome here.