Saturday, November 15, 2014

Dr. Seuss and I

Sometimes after I have spent an inordinate amount of time on the internet, I think of the Seuss book with the words, "Oh the places you'll go!"

In just an hour or so this morning I read messages from women all over the world who were reporting on letters, post cards, and gifts they had received from other members of the group.

I was directed to read about a teacher who gave his students the assignment of writing a letter to their future selves; the person they hoped to be in twenty years.  He saved the letters and sent them  when the time was up.  That was very moving and meaningful to both teacher and former students.

I visit a few other bloggers, some of whom are nearby and who I have met now, in person.  Some are celebrity knitters (the blogs I read, not the people I've met.)  One is a bundle of energy who travels to teach all over the country, and quilts like the most prolific quilter you've ever seen!

I also found some folks who went on the road, traveling year round in their travel trailers.  Some of them are also gifted writers and it is great fun to read about the world as seen through their eyes.

Then there are book recommendations.  (I have grown more and more finicky about what I will read as I grow older.)  I may read one trashy book, but I won't subscribe to the whole series, thanks anyway.

Let's see, where else did I go besides stopping to check in with my sister, and try to use my reluctant Words With Friends game.  It's very slow to use these days, now that it is improved.

I think that was about it, because I went shopping and got the gifts for one of the main people on my Christmas list.  (All week I was going to make a couple project bags, but just wasn't in the mood.  Once I find a fabric I really like for this, I will be a model of industry.  Trust me on that.  Chuckle.)

I'm going to award a neat prize to a commenter between Nov 1 and Christmas.  I promise to use the impartial random number generator, but the more you comment, the better your chance.

I will even appreciate knowing what your idea of a neat prize would be.  Would someone like a ginormous box of quilting scraps?  You would be doing me such a service!  You have no idea!

Hope you are having a fine weekend!


9 comments:

  1. How about one of your quilts? :D just kidding but I do like your suggestion of quilt scraps, perhaps cut into 5" squares and coordinated into Annie Charm Packs.
    Judy/emzy13

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think to any of your readers any crafted related item would be fine (though not necessarily a whole refrigerator box, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  3. trying to see if this works

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh a table runner! Or two place mats! Or a square for a cat to sit on! (You know one will claim it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuckling. Any fabric dohickey I ever come up with gets claimed by a cat.

      Delete
  5. Now that I remembered you knit, fingerless gloves! It's so cold this time of year,and I really need my fingers on my machine so I can't wear regular gloves while writing. Or a lesson in how to make them.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.